Why join the PTA?
Every individual who joins PTA is giving something not only to his or her child but also to every child. Imagine how strong our community will be if every parent, community member, and business leader got involved in PTA!
There are many reasons to join PTA. Here is a great general explanation, but see below for more information!
- The Huffman PTA funds many enrichment activities. To support those activities and to have a voice in which ones are chosen, you need to be a voting member of the PTA. The PTA members raise the money and only members can decide how it’s spent.
- More PTA members allow us to do more things to impact our school and community in a positive manner.
- The only way to access the Huffman Family Directory is by being a PTA member. This online published directory is available online and through the app making it easier to reach your children's friends and other Huffman families.
- Click here for Texas PTA benefits including discounts for hotels, computers, etc.
- Click here for National PTA benefits including discounts from MetLife and TMobile.
But most importantly - When YOU join PTA, it shows that YOU appreciate and support the partnership between school and home necessary to FULLY educate a child. It makes a statement to your child(ren) that you are interested in their education.
Click here to join the Huffman PTA!
The PISD Education Foundation hosts a yearly fundraiser to benefit programs and initiatives that support students, families, employees, and classrooms. Although this year's event must be enjoyed from the comfort of your own home, it promises to still be wonderful. For more information visit www.skiplano.org
Huffman Silent Auction
Every year the PTA hosts an online auction where 100% of the proceeds benefit the PTA and our students! The success of this auction depends heavily on the Huffman Community, to gather donations and then bid on the items! This year may be a little different, but we still want to work together to collect as many awesome items as we can. If you have a connection to a business or a great idea, please reach out to Sarah Thomas and let her know. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org and she l