Why join the PTA?
Every individual who joins PTA is giving something not only to his or her child but also to every child. Imagine how strong our community will be if every parent, community member, and business leader got involved in PTA!
There are many reasons to join PTA. Here is a great general explanation, but see below for more information!
- The Huffman PTA funds many enrichment activities. To support those activities and to have a voice in which ones are chosen, you need to be a voting member of the PTA. The PTA members raise the money and only members can decide how it’s spent.
- More PTA members allow us to do more things to impact our school and community in a positive manner.
- The only way to access the Huffman Family Directory is by being a PTA member. This online published directory is available online and through the app making it easier to reach your children's friends and other Huffman families.
- Click here for Texas PTA benefits including discounts for hotels, computers, etc.
- Click here for National PTA benefits including discounts from MetLife and TMobile.
But most importantly - When YOU join PTA, it shows that YOU appreciate and support the partnership between school and home necessary to FULLY educate a child. It makes a statement to your child(ren) that you are interested in their education.
Click here to join the Huffman PTA!
PTA Lifetime Membership Honorees
Congratulations to Huffman PTA 2020-2021 Lifetime Membership Honorees:
This annual award is given to staff, parent volunteers, and/or members of the school community who are tireless advocates for children's education, health and well-being. Receiving this award is one of the highest forms of recognition for an individual's dedication to our children and the community.
Thank you to these AMAZING Huffman PTA members for their continuous support of our school, students and community. Congratulations again!
21-22 PTA Board
It is about time for us to start getting together the PTA Board for next year. If you are interested in joining our team, use the form HERE to volunteer. If you would like to help but aren't ready to join the Board, we could use you on our nominating committee. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to be on the committee.