The National PTA Reflections Program is America's oldest and largest arts education program of its kind. Reflections welcomes students of all grade levels and abilities to explore and be involved in the arts. Students are encouraged to reflect on the common theme and create original artistic works in the categories of dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography and visual arts.
- We are excited to offer "Fine Arts University" where students will create their entries with instruction in the fine arts.
- There is no limit on the number of entries per student.
- Program Rules English | Spanish
- Student Entry Forms English | Spanish
- Each entry must be accompanied by an official entry form.
- Remember to reflect the theme in the work!
- Guidelines and requirements must be met or your entry will not be judged (see the program rules above).
- Submit completed Artwork to Mrs. Brothers or Mrs. Rollins (or the front office if attending virtual).
- Entry Deadline: NOVEMBER 20, 2020
- Please email us with any questions at Savannah.Taplin27@gmail.com
What do we win? Is this a contest?
- This is not technically a contest. It is truly a program created to give students a forum to explore the arts and expand their interests and talents.
- Students are individually judged on their project and not judged against the other students.
- They are judged on how well they explain their art fits the theme, the mastery of the medium used and their creativity.
- Ribbons will be awarded to all entrants, with recognition categories of:
- Award of Excellence (blue ribbon)
- Award of Merit (red ribbon)
- Honorable Mention (white ribbon)
- Submissions will be displayed at the school and top entries will be featured in the yearbook.
- Top entries will advance to Plano ISD Council of PTAs at the beginning of December for the next level judging with potential to advance to the Texas PTA and National PTA levels.
- Students who participate will be recognized during Huffman Hello!
- Advancing students have chances to win monetary prizes for their art!
See the National PTA's Reflections video HERE for more information!